Head of Design
Collider is looking out for a new Head of Design who will be passionate about creativity and the craft of design. He or she will be responsible for creating high-quality creative output across a range of media including digital, brand and print, as well as leading and inspiring creative design excellence from the wider studio team.
What will you be doing?
1. Championing design/craft excellence
- Taking a lead role in championing creativity and the craft of design within the agency
- Providing digital, brand and print creative expertise from the inception stage of design work to its final production, ensuring finished output is of a high quality, supports the original creative vision and takes account of production requirements
- Refining concepts and ideas to meet the constraints of cost and time
- Challenging and encouraging the design team to produce excellent, imaginative concepts and ideas
2. Development of design department
- Continuously improving the design team’s capabilities
- Defining roles to strengthen the team as it changes/ grows
What skills, competencies and experiences do we want from you?
- Previous experience in an agency environment is essential
- Proven track record in creating excellent brand and design work from concept to production
- A strong working knowledge of online and offline design, brand development and the creative process
- The ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and others, influencing external and internal stakeholders
- Experienced in the usual Adobe suite of software
- Ability to lead design projects from concept to completion
- Ability to supervise and develop employees
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Organised and a multi-tasker with the ability to manage multiple projects
Why join us?
With everything from a social club, to free fruit, free breakfast on a Monday, Friday drinks trolley, through to coming in late/leaving early on your birthday and getting additional time off to participate in charity work, there are plenty of reasons to join Collider.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Salary is dependent on experience.
If this sounds like the role for you, pop your CV and/or portfolio over with a friendly note explaining why us and why you!