3D Designer (midweight / senior)
We’re looking for a 3D Designer who is passionate about delivering innovative and engaging 3D environments and helping to create memorable brand experiences. Working within a creative team that may include graphics, digital and social, you will work closely with the production team and be responsible for designing, developing and delivering large-scale, temporary physical environments and installations that create positive brand experiences.
- Take a lead role in the process and execution of design & build elements of the project. We are hands on and there will be opportunity to travel widely throughout the delivery of exhibition programmes.
- Independently create full production drawings and specification for manufacture and installation of exhibition environments up to 750sq.m covering all usual trades.
- Output CAD visuals and flythrough animations to a high standard.
- Attend client meetings and present your ideas and designs effectively.
- Attend meetings with suppliers to brief our requirements and review progress.
- Accurately estimate the design time for phases of a project and ensure delivery within the allocated schedule.
- Keep abreast of sector trends to enhance our offering and help secure and deliver future client projects.
- Continually maintain and develop skills and knowledge, with a keen interest in exploring and utilising technology both in our processes and in client projects, including developments in digital interactive and networked technologies.
- Keep up with best practice in regard to DDA, sustainability and HSSE.
- Must be willing to travel for meetings and on-site installations.
We would like you to have at least 3-5 years continuous experience within agency environments with personal involvement on global blue-chip client projects. You must have experience within 3D exhibition/experiential/trade show environments.
- Enhanced 3DS Max
- Use of V-Ray in conjunction with 3DS Max
- Budgeting and scheduling (Excel, Merlin and other software)
- Project scope and resource planning across multiple projects
- Client liaison skills
- On-site project management and contractor co-ordination
- Familiarity with HSSE requirements and applicable legislation, and ISO9001.
Nice to have:
- Supplier negotiations
- Conference design
- Immersive experience design
You will also be…
- Pro-active and self-motivated; this is an environment of ideas and questions; of possibilities and opportunities; of challenging and being challenged.
- Team player who takes personal responsibility for your elements of the job and sees them all the way through.
- Strong design skills from concept and development to detailing and problem solving.
- Enhanced presentation skills, producing accurate 3DS Max visuals for proposals.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of building temporary physical environments and installations in the UK, Europe and Worldwide.
Why join us?
With everything from a social club, to free fruit, free breakfast on a Monday, drinks on Fridays, through to coming in late/ leaving early on your Birthday and getting additional time off to participate in charity work, there are plenty of reasons to join Collider. Brownie points for anyone who is used to dealing with a coffee machine that is far too sassy.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Salary is dependent on experience.
If this sounds like the job and company for you, please click on the link below to send your CV and portfolio, together with a friendly message!