Mid Weight Talent/HR Manager
About the job:
Collider has an exciting opportunity for a mid-weight Talent/HR manager to join our growing and exciting team. Reporting into Board level we are seeking someone who wants to play a leading role in shaping the future of the agency. You will define, manage and optimise the HR and Talent requirements of the agency and in doing so will ensure a successful contribution towards the business’ long term strategic vision and objectives. You will play a key role in embedding the company’s vision and values and ensure Collider is a great place to work for all its staff and visitors. This is a great opportunity for someone who is proactive, can demonstrate their leadership skills and has the ability to work autonomously.
With clients ranging from Fashion, Luxury, FMCG, Tech, Finance B2B and B2C – we work for multiple client sectors across a range of creative disciplines.
- Human Resources; Manage staff and freelance contracts of employment/engagement, ensure that HR employment best practice is adhered to with minimal risk to the business and escalate to Board level as required. Minimise the occurrence of disputes relating to employment law and ensure we have the relevant quality of external legal and professional advice as required.
- Experience in writing engaging job advertisements and specifications, ability to place ads in a range of on-line platforms and monitor and filter initial applications as well as proactive candidate selection for future use across the business
- Manage a recruitment strategy that minimises the reliance on external agencies
- Support the business in devising strategies for improvements to its staff retention rate
- Talent and performance management experience – working with department heads and agency directors to ensure the management and implementation of the Talent Management process across the business. Ability to identify and support the retention of valuable team members.
- Actively involved in annual salary planning and industry benchmarking
- Support with our Leadership programme
- Continue to develop the roadmap to deliver the key milestones for inclusion/entry to the ‘Sunday Times best small companies to work for’ league table
- Develop and maintain a good rapport with all staff to be proactive in managing the agency’s morale and staff well-being
- Oversee and manage the ‘Social Club’ to ensure regular staff events are co-ordinated and financially managed. Support the inclusion of company values within all staff communications
- Ensure company policies and procedures are updated on annual basis
- Ensure new starters and freelancers have detailed induction and training when joining the business – for the vision, culture and values of the business as well as the systems and processes for carrying out their role.
- Some office management experience a nice to have as you will have the Receptionist/Office Junior reporting into you and will need to guide and advise them on office matters where required to ensure we maintain an excellent and fun working environment
- You will have experience of working in a Talent/ HR environment within a creative agency.
- A positive and outgoing personality which drives momentum but also gains respect across entire business for discretion and confidentiality
- HR qualifications and experience of developing training and retention programmes for creative agencies
- Successful recruitment and talent management/acquisition experience
Understand, demonstrate and champion the Collider Business values:
EXCITING – Help make Collider an exciting place to work and an exciting agency to work with, attracting the best talent and the best clients
PROGRESSIVE – Be forward thinking delivering innovation that works in both our offer and our practices
EFFECTIVE – Producing work that gets results – that we can really prove
Why join us:
You’ll be joining a dynamic, funky agency who are full of ideas and innovation. With our friendly sociable feel, you’ll fit in straight away, be given autonomy to share your ideas, and be a part of this entrepreneurial family delivering the very best for our clients. Based in light and bright offices in London Bridge, just off Bermondsey Street and a stone’s throw from the trendy bars and pubs of the area.
With everything from a social club, to free fruit, free breakfast on a Monday, a Collibar on a Friday through to coming in late or leaving early on your Birthday – there are plenty of reasons to join Collider.
up to £35,000 subject to experience.